Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Our Wedding and dinner =))

Before I go into details of my pregnancy, I reckon I should start on my wedding 1st.  Or many might just thought I had a shot-gun marriage (though it is totally normal and nope, I am not biased against any this marriage, at all).

Okay, so we went to take our wedding photos sometime in July? Ya, I think so. We went to J.B. to take their package as it was so much cheaper that way and frankly speaking, SG really is too small for any nice scenery for our photoshoot.  For RM3,999, we had one big Framed photo of our choice (damn big, I cannot remember the dimensions but it is really very big), one pull-up banner with a photo of our choice (to put at the entrance of our dinner), one album, 2 small framed photos of our choice and all soft copies of chosen photos in DVD-R. We had 2 outdoor destinations and one indoor studio shoot with total of 7 gowns for the shoot, no time limitations, we went to Desaru and a torn-down mansion (for that fantasy feel) for the outdoor shoot. Also included in the package was the car deco, 1 actual day morning gown, and 2 evening gown. I personally thought that it was quite a bargain as I have heard from some of my friends that in SG, this kind of package can easily cost up to S$4,000.00, and without outdoor shoot.

Then, the time comes for choosing the photos. It was a tedious process as you definitely cannot decide which photos to give up. In the end, we did exceeded our initially agreed amount and have to add on another album (which means pay more lah). I really think that though it is the norm to over-choose the amount of photos, I do know that this is a trick for the studio to earn additional bucks too. They were asking for RM400 for the additional album, I refused and we bargained and after a few hours later, the price came down to RM150.

So, everything was settled and around 2 weeks before the wedding, we went back to the studio to try the gowns again (for the actual day), in case I do put on weight, lol, and make the final alterations. Then, 2 days before the big day, we drove our wedding car (my aunt's BMW) in to let them decorate.

The Big day came and went at the blink of an eye. Shall not go into details, will be posting some photos later on to let the pictures talk.

The wedding dinner though, is worth mentioning. We held our dinner at Holiday Inn Hotel (Orchard). We were actually contemplating bwtween Goodwood Park Hotel, Pan Pacific Hotel and Holiday Inn Hotel. We settled with Holiday Inn because they had a promotion (price was great), their centralized location and their menu was not bad too. We held 22 tables in total.

Pregnancy Post next up...

No comments: